Clinical Pathologist - Diagnostic/Anatomic
Primary Location: Deciphex Dublin Office (Potential facility for remote work)
Employment Type: Full-Time, permanent
Salary: Commensurate with Experience/Expertise offered by candidate
Deciphex is an innovative Software company that develops digital pathology solutions for clinical and veterinary pathology which improve productivity and help pathologists focus on the critical aspects of their daily work.
We have recently expanded our clinical pathology offering for both primary and peer review, with the potential for integrated LIS/HIS for optimal workflow efficiency.
Deciphex has recently significantly expanded their clinical diagnostic capabilities through digital pathology with an initial focus on gastrointestinal biopsies. We currently have several projects and collaborations initiated that require expert anatomic pathology insight and review.
The clinical pathologist will collaborate closely with the research team and AI team members to provide consultative expertise and pathologic interpretation for translational applications of tissue-based assays. This role requires leadership, experience in experimental design, annotation implementation and morphologic interpretation, and an understanding of current molecular biology and genetic concepts.
Reporting to the Research Manager, the key responsibilities for this position are:
• Digital pathology diagnostic review of clinical specimens
• Reporting findings in standardized format (ICD-10)
• Annotation/delineation of findings on tissue images using digital pathology software and supervision of junior team members to perform annotations
• Contribution to the experimental design for AI classification approaches
• Contribution to scientific articles and reports
• Data compilation and presentation of findings to external stakeholders
• Product design and go-to market strategy input
The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field and a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree, and have trained as a Clinical Pathologist with the appropriate Board Certification(s) in Pathology, or Board Eligibility. Preferably the candidate will specialize in gastro-intestinal pathology.
Skills & Experience
• Experience in diagnostic review of clinical specimens
• Experience evaluating or implementing tissue-based assays for diagnostics or prognostics
• Preferential experience in translational pathology tools
• Exceptional analytical and research skills
• Strong scientific oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of digital pathology and image analysis
• Interest in adapting and utilizing emerging technologies in pathology
• Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn and take ownership
Deciphex is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to the principle of equality. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religious beliefs, political views, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, family or marital status (including pregnancy), disability, military or veteran status, membership of the travelling community or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The above Job Description reflects the requirements of this position at time of publishing. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, this will be reviewed and may be subject to amendments.
Deciphex appreciates your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please forward applications to HR@deciphex.com.
[8 September 2020, #9881]