Cite this page: Pernick N. CD207. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cdmarkerscd207.html. Accessed January 22nd, 2021.
Definition / general
- Aka langerin (Langerhans cell specific c-type lectin)
- Functions as endocytic receptor
- Localized to Birbeck granules
- Mannose binding to this protein may cause antigen internalization into Birbeck granules and access to a nonclassical antigen-processing pathway
Positive staining - normal
- Langerhans cells (immature dendritic cells of epidermis and mucosa)