Cite this page: Pernick N. Nevus of Ota-eyelid. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyeeyelidnevusofota.html. Accessed September 24th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Also called congenital oculodermal melanosis
- More common in Asians and blacks
- A form of extrasacral mongolian spot involving the distribution of the first and second branches of trigeminal nerve in face
- Diffuse and deeply seated melanocytic lesion
- Slight risk of uveal melanoma if skin of eyelid or periorbital area is affected