Cite this page: Pernick N. Histoplasmosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/larynxhistoplasmosis.html. Accessed December 8th, 2021.
Definition / general
- Common cause of fungal laryngitis in US (also blastomycosis)
- Early lesions are in vocal cords and epiglottis
- Granulomatous lesion involving anterior larynx is likely to be histoplasmosis
- 78 year old man with epiglottic mass in nonendemic region (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2004;128:574)
- Laryngeal carcinoma (clinically)