Cite this page: Aly FZ Adenomatoid hyperplasia and sialadenosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/salivaryglandsadenomatoidhyperplasia.html. Accessed December 7th, 2021.
Definition / general
- Presents as submucosal nodule or mass; may be hyperplastic or hamartomatous in nature
- Usually hard palate, also retromolar but may occur anywhere in the oral cavity
- Called sialadenosis in major salivary glands
- Etiology unknown; in major salivary glands, sialadenosis is associated with metabolic conditions
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Coalescing lobules of normal mucinous acini