Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Case reports | Gross images | Microscopic (histologic) images
Cite this page: Shankar V. Schwannoma-ancient. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissueschwannomaancient.html. Accessed May 8th, 2021.
Definition / general
- Degenerative change to tumors, usually large and of long duration, deep within retroperitoneum
- Cyst formation, calcification, hemorrhage (stromal hemosiderin), hyalinization, histiocytic infiltration, severe nuclear atypia (nuclear hyperchromasia, irregular nuclear shapes)
- No mitotic figures
- 32 year old man with hypopharyngeal tumor (Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2011;63:60)
- 46 year old woman with neck tumor (J Cancer Res Ther 2010;6:234)
- 53 year old woman with rapidly growing palpable mass in thigh (Br J Radiol 2010;83:e154)
- 64 year old woman with abdominal wall mass (BMC Surg 2010;10:1)
- 70 year old woman with mass at lower pole of kidney - schwannoma (ancient, Case #334)
Microscopic (histologic) images
Contributed by Mark R. Wick, M.D.
Images hosted on other servers: