Cite this page: Pernick N. Myogenin / myoglobin. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stainsmyogenin.html. Accessed April 19th, 2021.
- Myogenic transcriptional regulatory protein expressed early in skeletal muscle differentiation
- Sensitive and specific for rhabdomyosarcoma
- Focal nuclear staining in desmoid tumors, infantile myofibromatosis, synovial sarcoma, infantile fibrosarcoma, entrapped atrophic or regenerative skeletal muscle (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1150)
- Positive staining: normal fetal muscle;
- Negative staining: normal adult muscle
- Oxygen binding protein
- Positive staining: striated muscle (cardiac, skeletal); rhabdomyosarcoma, other tumors with skeletal muscle differentiation