Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Weisenberg E. Ischemic gastritis. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stomachischemic.html. Accessed September 26th, 2023.
Definition / general
- Very rare in pure form due to richness of gastric blood supply
- Ischemia may be involved in pathogenesis of acute (hemorrhagic) gastritis
- May have erosions and ulcers due to ischemia, secondary to emboli
- Usually antral, irregular in shape
- Adjacent mucosa often has multiple erosions