Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Jimenez R. Spermatic cord tumors - general. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/testisspermatictumors.html. Accessed June 7th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Benign tumors are usually lipomas; fat collections around hernia sac are not true lipomas
- Contamination by testicular tumors is a problem, particularly with seminomas (Mod Pathol 1996;9:762)
- In adults, most common tumors are MFH, liposarcoma, leiomyosarcoma and fibrosarcoma
- Treatment is orchiectomy with high ligation of cord and radiation therapy
- Nonneoplastic masses are mesothelial cysts and dermoid cysts