Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare immune-mediated systemic vasculitis that often presents with mucous membrane ulceration and ocular problems (Wikipedia)
● GI involvement in 10% of cases, usually ileum and cecum
● Punched out ulcers that may perforate
● Perivascular inflammation, necrotizing and nonnecrotising lymphocytic vasculitis affecting small veins and venules is often present
● Also aphthous stomatitis, genital ulcers, relapsing iritis
● 30 year old man with massive GI bleeding (Korean J Gastroenterol 2007;49:400)
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Inflammatory disorders > Behcet’s disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).