Grants, scholarships and prizes offered by PathologyOutlines.com
Copyright: 2021-2022, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
Revised: 28 March 2022
Current grants offered, up to $25K - next deadline: 30 September 2022
Requirements: proposal should be up to 500 words and include CVs of principal investigators. Email Dr. Pernick at Nat@PathologyOutlines.com.
- Premalignant states for glioblastoma or Hodgkin lymphoma: we welcome your proposal to identify premalignant states for glioblastoma multiforme or Hodgkin lymphoma based on molecular and not histologic patterns. As described at Arch Pathol Lab Med 2018;142:558, complexity theory suggests that these states likely exist, even if there is no histologic evidence.
- Efficacy of large combinations of therapies to substantially reduce cancer deaths for aggressive lung, colon, pancreatic or breast malignancies, targeting different aspects of tumor cells, microenvironmental features (vasculature, stroma, extracellular matrix and inflammation) and systemic features (chronic inflammation, immune system dysfunction, hormonal activity, germline changes), see Strategic plan to reduce cancer deaths
- Better understanding of and possibly treatment for physiologic changes associated with cancer deaths shortly after diagnosis, see Curing Cancer Blog - How cancer kills
- Strategies to markedly improve cancer prevention behavior, such as implementing the American Code Against Cancer or other substantial changes to health related behavior
Current scholarships and prizes offered
- Detroit College Promise Scholarship - ongoing for Detroit Public School students: PathologyOutlines.com helped initiate the Detroit College Promise Scholarship in 2008 and continues to provide support, although it is now administered by the Detroit Public School Foundation.
Prior grants and prizes offered
- Pandemic Relief Music Award - monthly in 2021 - now concluded: PathologyOutlines.com celebrated 20 years of operation in August 2021 by giving back to some of those suffering during the COVID-19 pandemic. For 2021, we promoted select classical and jazz musicians each month on our website and with a $500 stipend. Click here for the winners.
- Grants to various charities - We asked our 700+ advertisers in 2021 to vote for their favorite charities and made grants to them in early 2022.