Cite this page: Pernick N. Benign tumors / tumor-like conditions: cherubism. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/mandiblemaxillacherubism.html. Accessed April 21st, 2019.
Definition / general
- Hereditary and intraosseous fibrous swellings of jaws
- Autosomal dominant, bilateral involvement of mandible and maxilla in young individuals
- Surgery may not be indicated
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Similar to central giant cell granuloma
- Also more delicate fibrovascular stroma without bone formation