Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 5 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: RCC[title]
- Also called RCC Ma (Renal Cell Carcinoma Marker)
- Mouse monoclonal antibody generated against crude microsomal fraction of proximal tubules from normal human kidney
- Specific for glycoprotein in renal proximal tubular brush border
- Sensitive and specific for primary renal cell carcinoma (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1485)
- Positive in 93% of primary and 67%-84% of metastatic renal cell carcinomas
- Most clear cell (84%) or papillary RCCs were positive, compared to 0% to 56% of chromophobe carcinomas, 0% sarcomatoid carcinomas, 0% collecting duct carcinomas, 0% oncocytomas
Pulmonary adenocarcinoma metastasis (left) to renal cell carcinoma (right) - CK7 (2A); TTF1 (2B); RCC (2C)
End of Stains > RCC
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other