Cite this page: Pernick N. RCC. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stainsrcc.html. Accessed June 17th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Also called RCC Ma (Renal Cell Carcinoma Marker)
- Mouse monoclonal antibody generated against crude microsomal fraction of proximal tubules from normal human kidney
- Specific for glycoprotein in renal proximal tubular brush border
- Sensitive and specific for primary renal cell carcinoma (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1485)
- Positive in 93% of primary and 67%-84% of metastatic renal cell carcinomas
- Most clear cell (84%) or papillary RCCs were positive, compared to 0% to 56% of chromophobe carcinomas, 0% sarcomatoid carcinomas, 0% collecting duct carcinomas, 0% oncocytomas