Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Pernick, N. Cysts. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/vaginacysts.html. Accessed November 22nd, 2017.
Definition / general
- Vaginitis emphysematosa: rare ( < 200 cases), vaginal nodules that produce "popping sound," composed of variably sized cysts with pink, hyaline-like material, foreign body giant cells and chronic inflammatory infiltrate; self healing (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1987;111:746)
- Epithelial inclusion cyst: lined by squamous epithelium; may occur postsurgery or trauma
- Gartner duct cyst: rare, in lateral vaginal wall, nonmucin secreting
- Müllerian / mucous cyst: mucin secreting columnar cells, focal squamous metaplasia
- Urothelial cysts: rare, from periurethral and Skene glands