Cite this page: Pernick N. Squamous cell carcinoma-lacrimal duct. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyelacrimalscc.html. Accessed January 22nd, 2021.
Definition / general
- Uncommon; usually moderately differentiated
- Similar to nasal or conjunctival squamous cell carcinoma
- Often spreads along surfaces as well as infiltrating
- Lung is most common site for metastases, then bone and remote viscera
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Often papillary projections into lumen