Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Prognostic factors | Case reports | Clinical images | Microscopic (histologic) description | Microscopic (histologic) images | Positive stains | Negative stains | Differential diagnosis
Cite this page: Hale C. Sebaceous carcinoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. https://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skintumornonmelanocyticsebaceouscarcinoma.html. Accessed January 22nd, 2021.
Definition / general
- Periocular vs. extraocular types
- Tumors of eyelids, caruncles and orbit are more aggressive than extraocular tumors
- May follow radiation therapy
- Also associated with Muir-Torre syndrome (multiple cutaneous tumors with sebaceous and hair follicle differentiation and multiple internal malignancies; tumors have cystic growth pattern, Histopathology 2010;56:133)
- Poor prognostic factors: necrosis
- 32 year old caucasian woman with eyelid lesion (Diagn Pathol 2011;6:81)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Sebaceous differentiation, but also marked atypia, mitotic figures, invasion
Microscopic (histologic) images
Scroll to see all images:
Contributed by Mark R. Wick, M.D.
Images hosted on other servers: